Unwanted feelings can be extremely upsetting and challenging particularly if suffering from an anxiety disorder. The brains of ours are able to play extraordinary tricks. The feelings of ours may become unusual, frightening or bizarre.
It can be helpful to keep in mind that your fearful, unimpressed, unwanted thoughts are a part along with a solution of your stressed out physiology. You do not have to take any notice of them - simply acknowledge they're another sign of an anxiety disorder and permit them to pass. As your nervous system settles down, so will the thoughts of yours. In the meantime, here are some suggestions for dealing with them. (Remember to check out anxietyunravelled's many other free tips to assist the body of yours and mind regain balance, calm and peace, for example information about flower essences like White Chestnut and Boronia, that are really helpful in settling unwanted and circling thoughts.)
1. Choose not to provide consideration to unwanted thoughts which will perpetuate your anxiety state (worrying, negative, circling thoughts) Yes, I already know, it could be much easier said than done, but carry on reading for suggestions which will help make this course of action a lot more achievable.
2. Know unwanted and difficult thoughts are just a part of the imbalance that has been caused by all the numberless stresses that you have experienced - they are not serious, they are going to start to lose their power as you start to recover. After your recovery, a thought that can send a shock of anxiety through you now will become just another thought that you won't bother paying any attention to.
3. Unwanted thoughts will inevitably arise? don't try to push them at a distance or perhaps resist them or even overcome them, this's bad attention? in other words, it is still interest. It's a tad like getting a song stuck in your mind. If this happens there is just one way to eliminate the offending song and that is to replace it with some thing else, especially another song. It is the same with unwanted thoughts. Whenever you try to push the song or even any other undesirable thoughts at bay, this increases resistance, that simply provides strength to their presence.
4. Allow your unhealthy feelings to be there, allow space or room around them. Gently upgrade the ideas with anything better in addition to allow the unwanted feelings to go without forcing them away. When you can, avoid going back to check whether they're gone? that will tend to take them back. But don't worry if this happens, just keep practising - you'll get there in the end.
5. Use this specific tendency of the thoughts to need to replay thoughts again and again and discover an inspirational song, phrase or prayer to sing.
6. Whilst usually it could be beneficial to tell a particularly persistent thought to get lost, generally speaking it's ultimately better if you are able to allow these thoughts to exist. Acknowledge them - "oh there is one other fearful/doubting/anxious idea once again, it's OK, it is only a number of words - it might just as easily be my mind saying banana, banana, banana!" and then allow your attention to get absorbed by something different. Fully understand they are just another symptom.
7. It can be very helpful to observe what is occurring in the entire body when you've worrying or unpleasant thoughts. Mentally skim the body? where are you feeling sensations? Can you feel tightness, stress, high heat, cold, unsettledness? Just feel the sensations without attempting to alter them. This's effective since it gives your mind something else to center on and also brings you into the current moment. Frequently this is good enough to make it possible for the unpleasant sensations to dissipate when the ideas that were sustaining them have had the attention removed from them.
8. You could have to give yourself a pep talk (see the Anxiety Unravelled ebook for the scientific rationale for this)? something along the lines of you know that if you give too much interest to these thought processes you're simply going to keep your anxiety going? you don't have to pay attention, these thoughts are just a solution of my present imbalance and they're not serious, I can make them go and get on with some thing else or whatever words work for you.
9. Reframe unhelpful thoughts? it's unhelpful to dwell on thoughts which are bad about yourself or others and the majority of the millions of prospective what ifs. Reframe thoughts for example I'll never get over that, to something such as I may not being feeling better today, however, I am doing all I need to and in the end I will feel better the same as millions of people before me. Reframe what ifs by reminding yourself that there's simply no point stressing about something which may never happen and in case it does occur you will deal with it in that case ,.
10. Thoughts can also be applied to our advantage. When we're caught up in the intense symptoms which are able to surround panic and anxiety attacks, we experience the instant negative effect that the thoughts of ours can have on our physiology. A single idea may be enough to send an immediate lightening bolt of intense fear through the body. When you've encountered this there could be no uncertainty remaining that our thoughts impact us physically. What we can forget, however, would be that we are able to also use this mind/body connection to the benefit of ours by spending time each day nurturing ourselves with loving thoughts. You will find lots of ways which are different to do this as well as what feels right and most comfortable to help you are going to be very effective, but here is a good idea:
Purchase yourself a CD visualisation exercise. These can help you get started to replace unwanted thoughts with more uplifting and handy ones. Usually we have to retrain our habitual way of thinking into something more favorable. How To Get Rid Of Unwanted Thoughts Forever These are often offered at health food shops, alternative bookshops or yoga centres. Yoga Nidra Deep Relaxation is also particularly helpful.
When you are troubled by unwanted thoughts it is able to help to remind yourself of who is in charge of your thinking! These're just feelings, and you are building them, frightening yourself.